진도도 나가야 되고 복습도 해야 되고.
사실 진도 나갈 때 자료를 만들고 하느라 시간이 많이 걸린다.
해서 진도나간날 자료를 올리지 못하고 그 다음날 혹은 시간이 생기는 날 올린다.
이때 복습도 할 수 있어서 효과는 있는데 밀리면 참 난감하다. 밀리지 않도록 부지런히 정리하자.
solely - "Solely" (adverb) means only, or not involving anyone or anything else. Other forms include "sole" (adjective).
BBC English has specialized solely in language-learning software for years.
No one else handles sales for France. I am solely responsible for them.
deliberations - "Deliberations" (noun) mean careful
consideration and discussion focused on reaching a decision.
"Deliberations" is almost always plural. Another form is
"deliberate" (verb).
After deliberations among the owners, we have decided to sell.
The board finished deliberations late last night.
Negotiable - "Negotiable" (adjective) means able to be
discussed, considered, or changed before an agreement is reached. Another form
is "negotiate" (verb).
Laying people off was never negotiable.
The salary is negotiable before you sign the contract.
work out - "Work out" (phrasal verb) means to
think about or deal with a problem or situation until you find a solution. It
is a separable phrasal verb and is used with an object.
We can discuss that later, once we work out all the details.
I can't help you. You'll have to work it out yourself.
bilingual - "Bilingual" (adjective) means able to
speak two languages equally well.
They can't sell our products overseas if they aren't bilingual.
Yes, she's bilingual. She speaks English and Spanish equally well.
|
|
1.
|
Many people in Canada are bilingual since both English and French are the official languages there.
|
|
|
2.
|
I have been looking at the accounting reports all day, and I still can't work out how to make the project stay within the budget.
|
|
|
3.
|
Mary: Why is the company so attractive to new employees?
Simon: Because the benefits package is negotiable. Before employees start work, they can request the specific type of health care coverage they want. |
|
|
4.
|
The database program is best when used solely to organize numerical information. It's not useful for any other
purpose.
|
|
|
5.
|
Jason: Has the plan for the new ad campaign been decided?
Andrea: No. The vice presidents of sales and marketing are still reviewing our changes. I don't know how long their deliberations will take. |
break into - "Break into" (phrasal verb) means to
become involved in a new activity, especially in business. "Break
into" is an inseparable phrasal verb and is used with an object.
We tried to break into the international market.
The automobile company announced plans to break into the aircraft industry.
play out - "Play out" (phrasal verb) means to
develop in a particular way over time. "Play out" is an inseparable
phrasal verb and is not used with an object.
we're all waiting to see how things play out.
I'm sure the merger will play out successfully.
uneasy - "Uneasy" (adjective) means nervous,
anxious, or unable to relax. "Uneasy" can be followed by
"about" plus an object. It is not the opposite of easy.
We're all uneasy about waiting for the results.
I am always a little uneasy when I have to make a speech.
phase - A "phase" (noun) is a part of a
process of development or growth.
I'd like all our staff to stay with us as we enter this new phase.
In the third phase of construction, the walls are put up in the building.
facilitate - "Facilitate" (verb) means to make a
process or activity happen smoothly. "Facilitate" is used with an
object. Other forms include "facilitation" (noun).
Tom will help us facilitate the merger.
Computers can facilitate language learning.
|
|
1.
|
An information systems consultant can facilitate computer training for new employees.
|
|
|
2.
|
Terry: Why won't he tell me how much money he makes?
Sara: In the United States, discussions about salary usually make people feel uneasy. |
|
|
3.
|
It's difficult to break into a new field if you don't have enough experience or education.
|
|
|
4.
|
We have a lot of questions to answer, so our new international marketing
strategy could take a long time to play out completely.
|
|
|
5.
|
The company is growing very quickly in this early phase. Once we're fully staffed, we'll be able to focus on development.
|
Gerunds.
I'll enjoy getting to know Sam's employees,.
Getting to know them is important.
Infinitives
We decided to discuss employee issues.
It is important to discuss employee issues.
A gerund is a verb form (V + "ing")
that is used as a noun. A gerund can be the object of a verb or the subject of
a sentence.
An infinitive ("to" + V) can also be used as a noun. An infinitive can be the object of a verb, but it is rarely used as a subject.
An infinitive ("to" + V) can also be used as a noun. An infinitive can be the object of a verb, but it is rarely used as a subject.
Adjective + Preposition + Gerund.
Erin is curious about working onsite.
afraid of
interested in
Phrases with an adjective + preposition can be
followed by a gerund.
Verb + Preposition + Gerund.
Don't think about working on Sunday.
insist on
worry about
Phrases with a verb + preposition can also be
followed by gerunds.
Sam will enjoy researching that company.
finish
quit
discuss
consider
We hoped to finish the meeting by 3:00
wanted
expected
agreed
decided
John preferred to write the new employee handbook.
John preferred writing the new employee handbook.
Other verbs can be followed by either gerunds
or infinitives, and the meaning of the sentence stays the same.
Training employees is Beth's responsibility.
It is Beth's responsibility to train employees.
Gerunds are often subjects of a sentence.
Infinitives are not usually subjects. Instead, "it" is often used as
the subject, and the infinitive comes at the end of the sentence or clause.
Why did the two companies merge?
They merged to increase their market share.
To increase their market share.
Infinitives can be used to tell why something
is done. "In order" can be used before the infinitive, but it is more
common to use the infinitive alone, without "in order."
In spoken English, the question "Why?" can be answered with a phrase that begins with an infinitive, as in the second example.
In spoken English, the question "Why?" can be answered with a phrase that begins with an infinitive, as in the second example.
|
|
1.
|
I went to the copy room in order to copy the memo.
|
|
|
2.
|
Bob insisted on waiting for Maria to arrive before we started the meeting.
|
|
|
3.
|
Kati: I can't wait till this project is finished. We won't have to work
overtime anymore.
Sam: Yeah, no one likes to work more than 10 hours a day. |
|
|
4.
|
Did you finish copying that software onto your computer?
|
|
|
5.
|
Mark: Should I set up an appointment with the client tomorrow?
Carlos: Not yet. I prefer to wait until next week to call them. |
|
|
6.
|
I'm going to stay in the office late tonight to work on this annual report summary before the deadline tomorrow.
|
|
|
7.
|
In our next meeting, we will agree on deadlines and continue to work on our production calendar.
|
|
|
8.
|
I've decided not to wait for my annual bonus before buying a car. I need one now.
|
|
|
1.
|
Thank you for coming to this meeting. Today, I want to discuss the changes that will happen in the future.
|
|
|
2.
|
Jeremy prefers to research the trends in the market before buying stocks.
|
|
|
3.
|
Do you have time to meet? I'd like to talk about changing our interview schedule for next week.
|
|
|
4.
|
Ken: What are you working on?
Peter: I've just started looking at the term sheet. |
|
|
5.
|
When will he decide to tell us about the details of the agreement?
|
|
|
6.
|
Have you considered learning a foreign language? Being bilingual might help your career.
|
|
|
7.
|
I may quit working here next year. I'm planning to break into a totally new industry.
|
|
|
8.
|
It is expensive to buy a house near a big city.
|
Interrupting and Returning to the point.
Pardon me, but I'd like to ask a question.
Go ahead.
I'm sorry to interrupt, but... may I say something ?
Excuse me for interrupting, but... may I interject ?
Pardon me, but ... I'd like to ask a question.
Sorry, but ... I have something to add.
The expressions on the left can be used with
all the phrases on the right, depending on whether you want to add information,
ask a question, or make a comment.
When you are interrupted, you can allow someone
to speak by saying "sure," "of course," or "go
ahead." If you are interrupted, but you want to finish your point, you can
deny the interruption with "just a moment, please" or "may I
finish, please?"
If I could finish what I was saying, it looks like the merger will be a success.
As I was saying, I want to announce that I will stay on as CEO.
To get back to my point, we'd been thinking about selling T-store for a while.
If you are interrupted
by someone, you can use these phrases to return to what you were saying.
|
|
1.
|
David: In the next phase, I think we should travel to London to meet
with ...
Jeremy: I'm sorry to interrupt, but may I say something? I think it'd be better to have a video conference. We'd save a lot of money. |
|
|
2.
|
David: I'd like to meet with someone in sales at Universal to get some
information on the European market.
Jeremy: Pardon me, but may I interject? David: Go ahead. |
|
|
3.
|
Mike: I made an announcement to the managers today and right in the
middle ...
Anita: Pardon me, but I think you should wait before telling them anything! |
|
|
4.
|
Anita: I got a call from a reporter today who would not let me finish
what I was saying. She just kept interr ...
Mike: I'm sorry to interrupt, but a reporter from which publication? |
|
|
5.
|
Amy: I'm glad to hear that Universal has a positive attitude about the
merger.
Otherwise there might be layoffs and ... Erin: I'm sorry to interrupt, but I don't think we have to worry about that at all. Amy: I don't think so either. If I could finish what I was saying, I'm just glad we're getting good news so far. |
|
|
6.
|
Erin: We'll find out more after the meeting with Carmen.
Amy: Excuse me for interrupting, but I'd like to ask a question. When is that meeting scheduled? |
- interject 미국식 [|ɪntər|dƷekt]
영국식 [|ɪntə|dƷekt]
- interjection (←interject) 미국식 [|ɪntər|dƷekʃn]
영국식 [|ɪntə|dƷekʃn]
- interject into
- insert[interject, put in] a flashback
(249건)특정 분야의 예문만 보기
- [일반]At this point, I want to interject a few comments. (출처:Hansard)[이용자 참여 번역문] 이 시점에서 나는 몇 마디를 하려고 한다. (번역:kimta***)
- [일반]The Chairman interjected when David Faber was asking questions. (출처:Hansard)[이용자 참여 번역문] David Faber가 질문하고 있을 때 의장이 끼어들었다. (번역:sjs751***)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기